
Hi, Boo's mom here. A few days ago I noticed her getting super industrious at the kitchen table. She's
Above, you can see she has made a poster to protest the cutting down of trees. The yellow drawing in the red circle is her idea of a tree-cutting-down machine. Poor girl is practically traumatized by the carnage in our new development. The other day she declared, "When I grow up I'm going to go to those tree cutter businesses and saw them down!"
I have no idea who is feeding these crazy notions into her head. But it's beginning to present a challenge. I bought a tree a couple weeks ago, and have no place to plant it in my yard. So I thought I'd give it to a neighbor. We all need trees. Except she has made a promise to that tree that she will take care of it forever. Now the tree sits in its pot in my yard, waiting until I have diplomatic success in putting it in someone else's ground.
For now, let's just agree that we are not going to tell her about the centenarian live oak being taken down today at the end of our street. We'll just keep it between us until she notices it herself, K?
Next up we have a story. First, the storyboard.
Setting: Park.Characters: Kate, Bill.
Problem: Kate forgot to go to school.
I wonder if there will be a solution?
Here, Kate confesses to Bill. He responds,"I just went to school. It was great."
I like the flower on Kate's dress.
These next two don't seem to be part of the same story, because this time it appears Bill is the one in trouble.
In which Bill thinks,"Oh no! I'm in trouble!"
And Kate is now wearing heart pants
and a shirt that says "I love France".
I wonder who Bill is thinking about,
and what exactly he did.
From the picture on his shirt,
he may have broken a commandment.
I wonder if she made him pay, or if her silence was payment for Bill's good advice to just get to school.


hey Maren,
ReplyDeleteI love that you love trees. I can tell that you love nature and the outdoors. It's been fun to watch you this summer outdoors playing with bugs and your brother. Keep up the posts on your blog. I love reading what is on your mind.
Great story Maren! You have such a creative mind and are really good at drawing.
ReplyDelete